Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Greetings from Fred in Tuscany!

I have to say that believed i knew that Tuscany was nice...

I thought i knew how nice the property would be...

I was sure i would like it here from the pictures i had seen..



The fact is though, that this place is so much beyond my expectations that i am forced to share with you in hopes that perhaps next year you will be lucky enough to join me.


As we left Florence airport on the 1 hour drive to the Borgo (farmhouse) it was instantly obvious why Tuscany state is so famous. Rolling hills and fall colors of the forests make for a very different feel from Miami. We passed through the countryside just amazed at how beautiful the surroundings were. After passing through the village of Bucine and crossing over a 2000 year old Roman Bridge we found the dirt road that leads to the property Borgo Ieosalana.


This much i can tell you: It can NOT BE NICER. It is so nice here that i almost lost my breath. I am still shocked as i walk along this huge property which is surrounded by forest and grapevines and olive trees.


The accommodations are the best i have ever experienced... and i am well traveled. Huge villas with living rooms, big bedrooms, and the nicest bathrooms and showers (i have rarely seen higher end details). It is such a pleasure to come to my room in between the yoga and hiking and wine tasting. I literally feel like a king around here. Everything is so incredibly nice! It is like a 5 Star property that is authentic Tuscan style in every way from the tiles, to the 800 year old foundations of the perfectly renovated structures.


And the FOOD! My gosh the Tuscans know how to live! They eat only fresh grown food with lots of vegetables and rely upon their newly pressed olive oils to create food that is so wholesome and delicious. And being vegetarian here is so easy too! The meals are like occasions each time and gives us the old world experience of eating together not in a hurry as the multiple courses of food present themselves.


And the WINE! I am not a big wine drinker normally but being in Tuscany i decided to see what it was all about. I learned a lot already about Italian wine and how italy’s original name in greek was “land of vines” and that the Etruscan people who were here before the Romans had been making wine here for over 5000 years! so cool! And the wine IS GOOD! Grapes for wine are indigenous to Italy so no wonder!


And the Yoga Room! Wood floors with huge window overlooking the Tuscan Valley.

This room could not be better! Today i taught a Power Yoga Workshop to a group from Florence mixed into the Miami group. They were enthusiastic and wondering when i would be back. It is such a blessing to share the multi-dimensional benefits of Power Yoga.


And the Hiking! The rolling hills and fall foliage make hiking around here a truly meditative and blissful experience. The fresh air and long gentle trails remind me why hiking, after yoga, is my favorite way to be in my body! I love hiking and connecting to nature and i am so pleasantly surprised to see how many forests surround the farms making for hiking trails that pass though vineyards, olive trees and forest paths ... it is so nice go outside hike!


The service here is great. The owners of the property, Francesco and Gianni have been incredible hosts and so interested in making sure everything is Perfect... which around here is not hard! This place is AWESOME.


I have decided to share my experiences with you in hopes that for next year...with some advanced planning.. you can join me here in this paradise called Tuscany. Many say that only the summer is the season, but i disagree. Fall is incredible here. Not so many tourists-- we have this whole place to ourselves... and the air is fresh and cool in the evening... a welcome respite from Miami’s tropical heat.


God willing around November of 2010 we can recreate this trip! It is so much nicer than i imagined and i am sure without doubt that this trip will be one of the greatest of your life. It already is for me!


I will be back in Miami in just one week!!! Please continue to support the studios in my absence! It is very important for the Shala and more importantly, for YOU.



Blessings!

No comments: