Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gratitude is the Key! No days off a Yoga Sadhana

Obstacles to well being are fear, greed, anger, hatred, all of the negative frequencies that can come up for us that are all stopping us from experiencing peace in our hearts. So as I said, I could have spoken this entire talk in five minutes because it’s overwhelmingly simple. It all comes down to, “Can you use awareness to improve the quality of your daily life by suspending your thoughts when they’re not related to gratitude or surrender or compassion?”

Can you practice asana everyday so that you can sit still? This is a spiritual practice. The word is called Sadhana. If you don’t know it, you’ve got to write it down. Sadhana is your spiritual practice. It’s a daily thing. So in our teacher’s training, our sadhana, a lot of it, some of it will be on the mats, there will be meditation at home. I will give you what your Sadhanas are. The sum total of everything that I tell you to do for your spiritual practice is your sadhana. There are no days off for sadhana, ever.

You already had your last day off from yoga. You already took it. Now your days off in yoga are over, every single day for the rest of your life, no exceptions. This is yoga. This is the real spiritual practice. If your physical practice is just physical and you go to the gym, say you’re really disciplined and you decide “I’m going to go to the gym every day for the rest of my life. I’m going to the gym; I’m going to work out every day.” Work out, physical stuff. Well someone gets in the way one day and tells you “It’s not easy to work out.” So what do you do? Just skip it! Big deal. Seriously, who cares? I dieted 58 straight days, I’ll get a day off. It’s not a big deal, who cares? Sadhana never takes a day off.

You don’t take a day off in giving thanks to God.

No comments: