Monday, September 28, 2009

Nature and the Divine

I sat in still and stunned awe when I realized that the two practices, raw food and Astanga yoga positive feed each other, that Raw Food eating strengthens the Yoga Asana Practice, which in turn strengthens the mental will power, and that they are both spiritual practices and both aligning to Nature. The vision I had of the Raw Food Yogi is that of a Natural Yogi, one with the planet, the universe of Nature’s Laws. Yoga means “Union” in Sanskrit, and The Natural Yogi lives in union with nature. When we align to nature, we are satisfied, and the only way one can ever live in tune with nature is to align to the human’s natural diet.

I actually see the words Nature and Spirituality as the same. To me, God and Nature are interchangeable words. In this case, the God of the Eagle becomes “God as the Eagle” or “God as the Trees.” In this way, Nature is the expression of divine presence on the planet. It is an understanding that all living beings are expressions of the divine.

For questions and inquiries, you may visit Miami yogashala's official site, www.miamiyoga.com. I do intensive Teacher Trainings, run 5-Day detox programs at the following Miami Yogashala locations: Brickell Yoga, Sunny Isles Yoga, and South Beach Yoga studios. If you have any questions about Vegetarian Food, Vegan Food, Raw Food, Meditation, or Power Yoga, you can email me for questions at fredb@miamiyoga.com; or visit me at my Miami Beach Power Yoga Studio on South Beach.

No comments: