Sunday, January 25, 2015

So am in Guatemala now since a few weeks - been staying at the 'yoga-house' a community structured around daily yoga classes.

"Hi Fred,
So am in Guatemala now since a few weeks - been staying at the 'yoga-house' a community structured around daily yoga classes. I am enjoying it!

These are the first classes I've taken since completing your training in Bogota and I have to say - it's made me realize that no yoga class will ever be the same after that training. Because once taught and shown how to do something so well - one is left forever with that double-edged sword being that on the one hand - one knows a fantastic way to teach and to learn yoga, but on the other - one instinctively and without being able to help oneself, measures every other yoga class up to that standard!

I want to make one point about touch. In the classes I've been doing here I've noticed the students never get touched. Occasionally we get adjustments

but it isn't the same as that healing, loving touch which just says 'hi' and thanks the person for being there - making them feel a warm glow and reminding

them that they are there, and they are entitled to unconditional love just like everyone else.
So thanks to the experience of NOT having touch in classes - I fully appreciate just how important and how healing it is - and how much I want it in MY classes! I want to thank you so very much for making this a priority in your training - I think you and I both know that I didn't truly appreciate the meaning of touch at first. NOW I get it Thank you for emphasising it as you do! xxxxx Thank you for everything xxxxx (p.s. wanted to post this on your timeline but couldn't figure out how)

No comments: